If you were to ask a Greek what their favorite island is, they will answer you, “Crete!”
This is a 10 day excursion visiting a culture within a culture…it’s all about Europe’s oldest civilization (the Minoans), Crete cuisine and hospitality, Venetian towns, and hiking Europe’s longest gorge (Samaria).
It’s also, however, about gorgeous beaches, regional foods, and strolls on coastal paths. Our group will be no more that 14 (and that includes me!).
- September 20: leave US and fly (overnight) to Athens
- Day 1 September 21: Arrive in Athens. Take a connecting flight to Heraklion. Dinner and Overnight at Capsis Astoria hotel in Heraklion.
- Day 2 September 22: Private local guided tour of the archaeological museum of Heraklion. Overnight at Capsis Astoria hotel in Heraklion.
- Day 3 September 23: Pick up from hotel and drive to Knossos – Private local guided tour of Knossos – Drive to Rethymnon – Dinner and Overnight at Ikones Suites hotel in Rethymnon.
- Day 4 September 24: Private 6 hour tour of Rethymnon and Arcadi Monastery – Dinner and Overnight at Ikones Suites hotel in Rethymnon.
- Day 5 September 25: Free day in Rethymnon/hiking along the coast. Dinner and Overnight at Ikones Suites hotel in Rethymnon.
- Day 6 September 26: Pick up from hotel and drive to Ancient Aptera – Private local guided tour of Ancient Aptera – Drive to Agia Marina (Chania) – Overnight at Amalthia hotel in Agia Marina (Chania).
- Day 7 September 27: 5 hour tour of Chania (Agia Triada Tsagarolon, Akrotiri, Chania city tour) – Overnight at Amalthia hotel in Agia Marina (Chania).
- Day 8 September 28: Full day transportation tour to Samaria Gorge hike – Overnight at Amalthia hotel in Agia Marina (Chania).
- Day 9 September 29: Beach day transportation tour to Falasarna or Elafonisi – Overnight at Amalthia hotel in Agia Marina (Chania).
- Day 10 September 30: Private transfer from your hotel to Chania airport for your flight to Athens – Private transfer from the Athens airport to your hotel in Athens – Overnight at Best Western Amazon hotel in Athens.
- Day 11: October 1: Departure day
Price includes: Daily yoga! And…
1) Accommodation for 2 overnight stays in Heraklion at Capsis Astoria 4* hotel.
2) Accommodation for 3 overnight stays in Rethymnon at Ikones Suites hotel.
3) Accommodation for 4 overnight stays in Agia Marina near Chania at Amalthia hotel, rooms with garden view.
4) Accommodation for 1 overnight stay in Athens at Best Western Amazon hotel.
5) Private local guided tour of the archaeological museum of Heraklion.
6) Private local guided tour of the archaeological site of Knossos.
7) Private local guided tour of the archaeological site of Aptera.
8) Private transfer from Heraklion to Knossos and continue to Rethymnon.
9) Private transfer from Rethymnon to Ancient Aptera for the and continue to Agia Marina.
10) Private 5 hour tour of Chania including private transportation and the services of a licensed tour guide.
11) Private transportation tour from Agia Marina to Samaria Gorge.
12) Private transportation tour on Agia Marina to a selected nearby beach (Falasarna or Elafonisi).
13) Private transfer from the hotel in Agia Marina to the Chania airport.
14) Private transfer from the Athens airport to the hotel in Athens.
15.) All breakfasts and three dinners (in Rethymnon).
Not included: Air transportation, Entrance fees, food, beverages (other than breakfast at the hotels – and dinners at the Ikones Suites) and all gratuities.
Transportation to the Athens airport for departure will be arranged individually according to departure time (approximately 40 euros)
City tax that is valid from 1/1/18 for hotel accommodation is not included and will be paid on the spot at each hotel. (Approximately 3 euros)
Price per person double occupancy: $2,550.00
$500.00 non-refundable deposit due upon booking.
$1,025.00 due June 1
$1,025.00 due September 1.
Payments accepted by check and Venmo.
Payments by PayPal, add 6% service fee.
Two extra nights in Athens prior to Crete with a guided all day tour of the Acropolis and new Acropolis museum can be arranged upon request. (Be sure to read about our visit there in September 2018)